Seagull guitars are a big hit with musicians of all levels and ages. From beginners to professionals, there is a guitar for everyone in the Seagull line up. There’s also something for every budget, so anyone should be able to find an instrument that meets their needs and fits their budget without having to compromise on quality or features. This S6 Original review will go through some of the main features, benefits, pros and cons of this particular model to help aid your decision when you’re ready to purchase as well as giving you a glimpse into the Seagull story and why they’re such a popular choice.
Let’s dive in the review of Seagull S6 Original acoustic guitar to know more about best acoustic guitar brand.
What is the Seagull S6 Original Guitar?
The Seagull S6 Original Acoustic Guitar is a high-quality, stunningly beautiful, and versatile guitar that will appeal to musicians who play many genres of music. Whether playing folk, classical, or modern and popular styles such as bluegrass and country, the Seagull S6 will definitely please, and is one of the easiest playing acoustic guitars on the market today.
The Seagull S6 is a perfect acoustic guitar for beginners who want a top-quality instrument that will help them learn the best techniques and habits to play the guitar, and who want an instrument that will be transportable , good sounding, and good looking. The Seagull S6 is also good for traveling and stands up well to use. However, more advanced players who want a good acoustic guitar that will last a lifetime and have good resale value should consider this model, as well.
Check it out its tone:
How does it sound and feel
Seagull guitars fall into the good acoustic guitar brands and offer good sound and feel. They’re also an endorsee brand for The Beatles, Neil Young, Emmylou Harris, and B.B. King. Seagull makes a variety of guitars and also offers solid body models. The Seagull S6 Original is frequently rated as one of the best seagull guitars.
The S6 Original has many different tones available to players, and with its solid tonewoods, players can expect it to sound its best. The guitar is designed for acoustic performance and even with the back & sides made of solid mahogany, it’s an affordable seagull guitar given its quality.
Why should you buy S6 Original
The best and most important reason to buy this guitar is that it has a bright and loud sound. This is best used for playing live, at small bars or open feasts. This has that ‘fresh off the boat’ feeling to it. It is used with a flat pick in its natural acoustic state. People who prefer this guitar also like the pureness of the sound, the absence of ‘tinny’ or piercing sounds. The body is described as a mid-sized guitar, not too big and not too small.This guitar has also become popular because of its great price. If you are looking for a good beginner guitar, this is the one to start with.
What are its features and specifications
Seagull guitars are built to be well balanced and easy to play, which can help improve a beginner’s playing abilities. Below are the different features and specifications that come with the Seagull S6 Original Acoustic Guitar.
- It features a select pressure tested solid cedar top that has been tested to ensure it will not crack or warp as a result of changes in humidity.
- The back and sides are fashioned from a wild cherry wood that is also select pressure tested to ensure it is not going to lose its integrity as a result of changes in humidity.
- The neck is made from silver leaf maple which is a hard and durable wood that is known for its bright tone.
- The guitar is finished off with a semi gloss finish that prevents the risk of it becoming dull over time.
- The seagull guitar also features a rosewood fingerboard and bridge. Rosewood is known for its ability to bear the tension of steel strings.
- It is equipped with seagull’s in-house designed Quantum 1 electronics. The controls are located above the sound hole.
- Saddle and nut are made from black Corian.
- Strings that come pre-tested to prove their quality and tone.
- Headstock features a Seagull logo and mother of pearl “open gear” tuner.
- Truss rod manufactured from stainless steel.
- Machine heads are a Seagull’s signature pyramid with a black finish.
- The Seagull S6 original guitar weighs 3.4 pounds and is 46 inches long.
- It comes with Seagull’s lifetime warranty against defects and their 3 year warranty on the electronics.
- Handmade in Canada, which is known for its quality craftsmanship
- Semi-hollow body, which increases the acoustic resonance and provides a snappy sound.
- Flamed maple top has a great look with its stripes and wood grains
- Quality tonewoods such as cedar and rosewood
- Comes pre-strung
- Built-in tuner
- Doesn’t come in colors
- Screw on knobs loosens up over time.
How does it compare to other guitars in the same price range?
One of the things I like best about Seagull S6 Original is that it fits comfortably in the same price range as most mid-range guitars and so it will be easy to compare and contrast.
I have compiled a list of guitars that are similar in price range, so you can get an idea on how seagull’s ‘best all around acoustic guitar’ stacks up to other similar guitars.
Seagull S6 Original vs Taylor 214CE:
If you were wondering which brand is better, you’re not alone! After all, they both produce some of the best guitars in the world. The Seagull S6 wins, but not by much. Both are great guitars with very nice tone quality and durability.
Seagull S6 Original vs Martin D35:
Both Seagull S6 and a Martin D35 are great guitars. They have very nice tone quality and durability is slightly better than D35. Seagull is also available at low prices while D35 is not.
Seagull S6 Original vs Gibson Hummingbird:
Seagull S6 is better than hummingbird in terms of tone quality and durability. They are available at low prices while Hummingbird is not. The S6 is also slightly lighter than Hummingbird.
Seagull S6 Original vs Martin D18:
In most cases seagull is better than Martin seagull is also available at low prices while Martin is not seagull is also slightly lighter than Martin D18.
To sum it up, reviewers loved the seagull guitar specs and found it one of the best all-around acoustic guitars in the affordable price range.The Seagull S6 original is a great choice whether you are a beginner or advanced player. It has all the qualities of an outstanding guitar, at half the price. It’s durability and tone quality is unmatched by any other guitar in the same price range. There’s no reason why someone should pass up on this guitar.
If you are looking for the best acoustic guitar under 1000 dollars, you can check out our reviews of top-rated guitars. Good luck!
Q: Who Makes Seagull Guitars?
A: Seagull guitars are made by the Godin Guitar company.
Q: Where are Seagull Guitars made?
A: They are made in Eastern Townships of Quebec, Canada.
Q: What makes Seagull Guitars so special?
A: Seagull guitars are made with Canadian Wild Cherry wood, which gives the guitar a great sound. They also brag about their very thin necks and high quality craftsmanship.
Q: What does the Seagull S6 look like?
A: The Seagull S6 is a dreadnought style guitar with a thin neck, very nice craftsmanship, and Canadian Wild Cherry top.
Q: Who plays Seagull Guitars?
Q: Are Seagull guitars good?
A: Yes, Seagull guitars are very good and high quality. They have a great sound to them and the craftsmanship is fantastic.