The Fender Mustang 90 is an electric guitar amplifier that can be used for a variety of occasions. It has a variety of features that will allow you to plug in any combination of instruments, from electric guitars to keyboards. But this is not just a great amp for beginners-it’s also perfect for rehearsals, small to medium sized gigs, recording and home use. Find latest model updates on Fender Guitars.
What are the Features of Mustang 90
The Fender Mustang has some great features that you will not find on any of its competitors at this price range.
- 85 amps, 16 effects and 11 pedals: that’s 128 presets to be exact. This will allow you to change your tone at the touch of a button, no more tedious tweaking needed.
- USB connectivity: connect your amp to your computer. No need to buy an audio interface now that you already have one built-in!
- Bluetooth connectivity: perfect for playback and practicing with songs from your phone or tablet.
- Auxiliary input: plug in any music player and jam along! This amp has a headphone output as well, so you can practice in silence.
- 1/8″ stereo input: plug in your audio player and jam along with backing tracks! This amp is compatible with the Fender FUSE software, allowing you to upload backing tracks or edit your presets.
- Auxiliary output: this will allow you to hook up 2 amps and create a stereo sound.
- FX loop: plug effects pedals into this and switch them on or off with the footswitch.
- Additional features: these include a tap tempo and an option to merge your computer presets with the built in ones.
- Comes with a Fender guitar strap, power supply and some picks as well!
- Digital Stereo Reverb
- Speaker Outputs: 1×8″ or 2×10″ for Main Speakers, 1×4″ for Extension Speaker.
- Effects: Chorus, Delay/Echo, Tape Echo and Vintage Tremolo
- Headphone Output
- USB Port for Connection to Fender Fuse Software
- Expression Pedal for Wah/Volume Effects
- Auxiliary Inputs: One 1/4″ and One 1/8″
Lets start by looking at the specifications of this amp.
- Body Type: Solid body
- Body Wood: Alder
- Finish: Gloss polyester
- Neck Wood: Maple
- Neck Finish: Satin urethane on back of neck, gloss finish on the headstock
- Fingerboard: Rosewood (12″ radius)
- Scale Length: 24-3/4″
- Number of Frets: 22
- Fret Size: Vintage-style
- Nut Width: 1.650″
- Tuning Machines: Vintage-style
- Bridge/Tailpiece: Mustang bridge with dynamic vibrato tailpiece
How is the Sound of Fender Mustang 90
The Fender Mustang 90 is a tube amp, but not just the regular type. It’s a hybrid that uses a 12AX7 tube preamp and a solid state power amp. This combination makes the sound a little more natural, while a bit less digital sounding than others in its price range.
The 5-watt amplifier is powerful enough to be used in small venues, but can also act as a modeling/effects amp for recording.
The versatility of this amplifier cannot be overstated. It has all the features you could want in a beginner amp, plus enough effects and options that you would expect on a more advanced amp.
How is the Playability of Fender Mustang 90
The Fender Mustang 90 amp is a versatile amplifier that can be easily configured for any purpose. This includes guitar, keyboards, microphones or recording equipment. The amp has a versatile range of tone because it offers 100 preset effects from different world-class players from blues to metal. You can even create custom presets in the Mustang 90 with the included free FUSE software. It also offers 70 built-in rhythm patterns so you can groove along with your music.
However, this amp is not just for beginners, but also for more advanced musicians that want to be able to use it for home practice, recording studios and small to medium sized gigs. The Fender Mustang 90 is very flexible because you can switch between 15, 30 or 60 watts depending on what you need for your particular situation.
How is the Quality and looks of Fender
The Fender Mustang 90 is a solid multi-purpose amplifier that is both aesthetically pleasing and we’ll made. This amp has built in FX pedals, a CD/MP3 input and a nice clean look. With it’s rugged exterior, you can expect this amp to last you a long time.
As far as the sound quality, there is really nothing to complain about with this amplifier. It has many different sounds and effects that can be chosen from. For the size, it is very loud with clear sound. There are also options that allow you to plug in your instruments without having to mic them.
In terms of looks, this amp has a very sleek and modern look to it that is both appealing and not too loud in a smaller area. It has a black exterior with silver paneling. With this amp, you can expect to be not only heard but seen as well.
- Tube preamp can produce a clean or slightly overdriven sound
- 45 Watts of power to the speakers which is enough for band rehearsal
- User friendly EQ and gain knobs for easy tone shaping
- Two footswitchable channels
- Many effects models such as flange, tremolo, and phaser
- Versatile enough for many styles of music
- Light weight body
- Not MIDI compatible
- No built in storage (with no usb to 1/8″ cable) there’s no way to save presets
The Fender Mustang 90 is a solid choice for anyone looking to get their first electric guitar. All of the components appear to be high quality, and the build quality is more than sufficient for beginners. If you are new to guitar playing, it is important to remember that you get what you pay for.
If you decide to buy the Fender Mustang 90 and use it as your primary instrument, you will likely notice a difference in playability when transitioning to a more expensive instrument. However, if you are mainly looking to learn and have fun, this is a great guitar and will be worth the price.
Final Thoughts & Tips for Purchasing an Amp
Purchasing an amp for the first time can be a little overwhelming with all of the different options and possibilities. However, if you keep in mind your end goal for your purchase, you’ll be able to get the best amp without wasting too much of your time or money.
Think about the type of music you play, how large your venues are and what kind of sound you’re looking for. This article will give you a brief overview of what to consider when making your purchase, and you’ll be well on your way to the best amp for you.
It’s really up to you.
No matter how much research you do beforehand, your ears are the ultimate judge of what you’ll be happy with. And if you use this guide as a base for your idea of an ideal amp, there’s no chance that won’t happen.